Itinerary: Amsterdam, Zeebrugge, Dover
On your Northern Europe and Scandinavian cruise, you’ll find a variety of exciting towns and cities, along with the world’s most breathtaking scenery, promising a lifetime of magical memories.
With many of the great Northern European city destinations being so close to shore, you’ll have plenty of sightseeing time to explore the fascinating wealth of heritage that’s helped shape the continent’s rich history.
On your Northern Europe cruise you can choose from a busy short break to the Baltics or a more leisurely two-week cruise which may include nipping around the magnificent fjords of Norway. On Norway’s rugged, wind and sea-hewn coastline, breathtakingly powerful waterfalls plummet between rocky outcrops carved sharply by centuries of shifting ice. Scandinavian cruises call at places with rich, eventful, sometimes chaotic pasts, where Viking legends are abound and artefacts survive, all of which the welcoming locals are eager to describe. Cruise Scandinavia and experience cities like Copenhagen, Oslo, St Petersburg, Stockholm, Helsinki, Riga, Tallinn and Gothenburg also feature on many popular cruises to the Northern Europe region.
Things to do in Northern Europe
- See the amazing Pulpit Rock in Stavanger
- Take the cable car up Mount Ulriken in Bergen
- Go on a canal tour in Bruges
- Stroll along the picturesque harbour of Nyhavn in Copenhagen
- Learn about Norway’s Viking past in Oslo’s Viking Ship Museum
- Discover the treasures of the Hermitage Museum in St Petersburg
- Wander Tallinn’s charming old town
- Spot seals on the coast of Gothenburg
Did you know?
In parts of Scandinavia, during winter some places receive no sunlight at all, while during summer the sun can shine all night.